Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sun March 26 2010


Yesterday I spent a lot of time thinking about people and why they do what they do. Like Winnie the Pooh it made my head hurt so I didn't do much but think.Today however, my mind is clear so here I am.
The cool brisk mornings have made everyone active. The run, paw and chase while waiting for breakfast.


When Jim built our house he had two purposes in mind. One was to make the house as energy efficient as possible and two was to let me see horses from every window in the house. He did it!! The house is snuggy and every window can look out to see horses.
When I was little I used to "play horses" all the time. I'd pretend I lived on a hill and had one of every breed of horse. I only knew about 10 of them so I didn't have too many.(I included a zebra). Well. now I live on a hill with 55 horses, donkeys and mules. Am I lucky, or what!?!

Brian and Jim spend some quality time with Banjoe and Julian. Today we had two new volunteers come by to see what Home At Last is all about. I purposely did not take pictures because I wanted the ladies to experience time with the animals and not feel that they had to pose or be aware of anything but the critters. The magic that so often happens between animals and people happened today. It is so wonderful to see love develop. The bonds can be so strong.
Thank you Jenny and Joanna for joining our Home At Last family. Our volunteers make Home At Last function. Helen does work that I don't even know how to do. We are blessed to have so many people care about what we do. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment