Sunday, April 25, 2010

We're Baaaaack. Sort of. Now my computer won't accept new pictures so this will be a verbal blog.
Yesterday we had a really busy day with 2 volunteers- Helen working with Amira and Jenny learning about horses. I was getting ready for today's Horse Festival in Paradise.
What a great time we had today. We set up next to NorCal Equine Rescue and North Valley Animal Disaster Group. Not far away were our friends from Sunshine Sanctuary. (They got us started with MayBelle mule, Jessie mule and Sweet the Kiger mustang).
We saw lots of friends we knew and made many of new ones. Beth took Babe the Pony of the Americas and the girls were a big hit. Lots of interest in the horse and the sanctuary.
We have gifts to be raffled and received a big donation that was specified to take care of some needed truck repairs. Thank you anonymous.
Our valiant volunteers, Joanna and Anna manned the table so I could wander a bit.
The Paradise Horseman's Association really puts on a good event.
There were all sorts of horses and shows, plus goodies to buy and good information given out.
I suppose I'm going to have to buy whatever it is I need for my computer to accept pictures, but that won't be for a bit yet.
Our horses are doing well with the warmer weather, but more rain is expected. The vet will be out so we can finish our shots and vaccines.
Gracie and Jonathan continue to use the yard as their kingdoms. The Thoroughbreds, Pedro, Rico and Chance are still in the barn awaiting the vet. Lexi and Ruby eat nose to nose. Charles and Belle nap regularly in their pen. The calves moo and low every time we peek out the door and the baby goats maaaa when they see us. The donkeys, mules and horses are making their way to the lower pasture where a little grass tries to grow.
I am completely exhausted and completely happy with today's adventure. Brian, bless his heart, fed for me tonight and helped Jim feed the goats. I was so tired I could only wiggle my toes at them. Thank you, Brian and Jim.
I will save up $ so I can by the "thing" I need to store pictures. Until then you may get oldies. But not tonight. Thanks everyone for everything- love, support, kind words and of course, the donations you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment