Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Windshield Wipers of the Mind

This morning when I got up and it was raining I got grumpy. When I went out to feed and saw my dead tractor, I got grumpier. As I climbed in and out of the truck to feed I got really grumpy.Enough I said to myself. Find a way out of this funk look for a sign- a message- anything. And what did I see? Windshield wipers. They went back and forth clearing a spot so I could see where I was going. They didn't stop the rain, but they did make it possible for me to keep going. AHA. That's what I needed- windshield wipers for my mind. Just something to clear things up enough to keep going.
So I turned on the inner wipers and said "Self- listen up. Move on. Get over your funk." Well. once my mind started working in a positive direction it just wouldn't stop. Why do I not mind turning on a truck and pointing where I want to go. Why do I not mind using windshield wipers to help me see? AND why do I hate to ask for help with the sanctuary? Why am I reluctant to say Please, help us? I guess because we started this and thought we could do it on our own. We could when we had 20 horses, but now that we have over 55 we are overwhelmed. So "Self-Move on. get over it and let folks know what you need."
Our feed bill runs $2500-3000 a month for hay and about $250-500 a month for supplemental food. Our vet bill averages $200-500 a month without emergencies. We have a steady income from wonderful supporters of $900 a month. The rest Jim and I pay for from our dwindling savings. We are not extravagant people. Our money goes to the animals and we need your help. In the next few blogs I'll share some ways you could help the horses and hope that there are enough kind souls who will help.
The first way is to send a monthly donation. Any amount-$5, $10-$25 on a regular basis would do so much good. A one time donation would be great. Sponsoring a horse alone or with a group of friends would mean a lot. Remember all donations are tax deductible.
Soon my mind felt like the day looked- a few clouds, but mostly sunshine.
Jonathan checked CoralBelle and helped by taking off the extra hay. Would you sponsor Jonathan?
Then Tory pruned the weeds and flowers to make Home At Last beautiful. Would you sponsor Tory?

Gracie indulged in a mud bath for beauty's sake. Gracie is already sponsored. Thank you, Cathy.

More ways to help tomorrow, but for now it's THE END.







1 comment:

  1. Despite the dreary weather everyone looks gloriously filthy and content.

    ReplyDelete