Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cloudy Thursday

Wild Bill mule enjoyed some extra treats this morning.
It was cloudy and cool today. That means carefully managing the power and water. It felt so good to be not hot.

Sparkle is a wonderful boy, but look how thin he is.



It hurts to think how he has suffered.



He once was fat and sleek. He gets three or more meals a day with all the hay he can eat.


Sparkle is a proud boy. He is a lover, too.



I cry when I see him.




You may have heard the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." Well, this is "Love in the Squash with Mousies."



Jane let me put a mask on her this morning. She is still very sore and not eating too well. I bought 4 different kinds of food to try to find a favorite.
She sure is a cutie.



The calves and minimules enjoy a breakfast together.



The turnouts at the lower barn are waiting for Larry the Worm guy. He came while I was gone
and now they are clean .


Jackson donkey and Lady Bug mule meet at the fence. Jackson still won't leave the lower barn area.



He is one hairy boy.



So far he won't let me treat his eyes. Maybe tomorrow I'll be a little sneakier.



What a beautiful face.





Jackson to Lady Bug. "I have something to say. Lend me your ear." Lady Bug to Jackson. "Don't be an ass. You have your own ears."



In between feedings, I went to the Post Office, visited Tractor Supply Company in Oroville and bought lots of good donkey food, went to Paradise to have lunch with friend Carolyn, worked at the Fire Safe Council saw the doctor for a check-up and stopped by Jeannie's Consignment to visit with Carol.
Thank you to Ursula and Walt C and Arthur and Jane H for your donations.
Larry will be back tomorrow to clean the round pen.
Home At Last is open on Sunday from 10-2. Call 530-514-1439 for directions if you want to visit. We have room for more volunteers.

It's always beautiful at Home At Last.
















No comments:

Post a Comment