Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

This evening while feeding I called to Jonathan who was clear across the yard. He was on one side of the fence and I was on the other. He was about 50 yards away. He turned his head to me and started to walk. I told him I'd throw hay to him if he would come to the gate. Slowly, slowly, he made his way over and sure enough he got some hay. He is really beginning to trust us now. His poor old arthritic neck can't bend to the right and he can't pick up his head but he knows he's loved. Why people had to use him for roping practice I don't know. They really hurt him. He's 41 now.
Wild Bill the mule let me pet his nose yesterday. It was a through the fence pet, but a pet none the less. I'll try a little bribery soon.
It's supposed to rain again. Today was cool and windy. I think we could do without the rain for a while.
We'll tarp the goodies in the truck for the Thrift Store, then get them to Chico tomorrow. There are many, many men's clothing items.
Got a truck load of hay today. It will last through Wed. morning, then it will be time for the trailer load.
Levi II had an abscess in his foot and he and Rosie are staying in the barn til he heals. He is a very sweet boy and loves to be brushed. He does not like his medicine orally so we will be giving him pain and antibiotic shots for a couple of days. He had a diaper packed with medicine duct taped to his hoof, but that didn't last long.
Jenny and Jessie donkeys are out in the yard because the girls were getting a little thin. Now they look pregnant. Boy, are they round. They love being at liberty in the yard. We love it, too.
Dobbin donkey heads right to you when you go out. He wants his eyes and ears rubbed. He has a shaggy face and it looks like he has bushy eyebrows.
Still trying to figure out pictures, discs, and the blog. I'll get it soon, I hope.
Hope your holiday was wonderful.
http://homeatlastsanctuary.webs.com homeatlastsanctuary@gmail.com
FaceBook Donna Kyle 530-514-1439 Keep in touch. We love hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment