Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain? Lots of Rain!!

The rain stopped long enough for us to feed this morning and evening, but it poured the rest of the night and day.
There were shivery horses this morning, but lots of good hay helped keep them warm.
The equine virus outbreak should make us all very careful where we go and what we do with our horses. After going through the strangles last fall and losing 3 to the disease we are very cautious. Will need vet checks for every incoming animal.
Happy Birthday to our good friend Tawnee at HorsePlus.
Thank you to Sarah H for your donation to Home At Last.
Jim left at 3 AM to take a friend to the airport and we were both exhausted all day. The cats and I sat in the rocking chair and dozed. Mac dog spent the day on the rug and Patches had his usual spot in front of the heater.
More rain due tonight and tomorrow and then it will get hot. Should have a great flock of flies.
The mud is thick again and horses are slipping and sliding. There are some really grumpy animals. I think they blame me for the crummy weather.
Stay dry and warm. Soon I'll be saying stay cool. Oh well. Mother Nature has a strange sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I love to read your updates. I haven't been able to keep up till the last few days, since I have you on my computer. I know your very cautious after that outbreak of the strangles last year, that's when I was at the benefit. So sorry to hear you lost three, because I know what wonderful things come out some of the animals that have been rescued. I just know you'll do incredible things. Thanks again, Cynthia Ann Tanner

    ReplyDelete