Monday, May 9, 2011

Wonderful Monday

Today was one of those really great- really really great days where nothing special happened but everything that happened was wonderful. The horses were happy to see breakfast, but not starving because there was still some food left from last night. The new mules-Toby, Tawny and Tango- nicker hellos now.
The lower water tank needs filling every morning and it is so peaceful to sit there while the water gurgles out into the tank. The ducks usually leave when the tractor comes, but the other birds and butterflies stay. The dogs snoof around or just sit with me.
Jim had to leave to do some preparation for the school board-where he is a member, so I had the place to myself for a while. Then Larry from Wilson's Worms came to continue the manure removal. We had a nice visit, then he went to work and I started drying the items that were in the back of the truck when the rain came last night. Think I got everything dried OK.
Glad no one was around to give style points for clambering in and out of the bed of the truck.
Maggie B and Quest made regular visits to the gate for grain and Bucky and Sugar came occasionally.
During the filling of the big stock tank in the upper turn-out I groomed Rosie, Stuart and Levi II. We are watching Rosie because she may be starting into Cushings. She really loved having the under side of her neck brushed. Stuart thought I should only brush him and would stand with his head on the back of whomever I was brushing so I would notice him.
When I got to the calves they gave many kisses while their tank was filling. I didn't know about cattle until we had the boys. They are sweet, loving and very aware of lots of things. To call something stupid like a cow is way off. They recognize the vet and have not forgiven him for their shots and neutering. When Dr Darling comes they refuse to come to him.
Frankie was dozing while I watered him, but Moon Dancer came over for some attention.
The goats followed me while I was in their yard. They insist on pets and scratches.
During this time the clouds would come and go and I was afraid maybe all the drying items would get wet again. It stayed dry and warm all day.Everything dried and got covered for the trip to the Thrift Store this week.
Still had daytime left so the garden got some weeding. Dogs helped.
Love these long afternoons and evenings. Makes me feel guilty, though, if I'm not working at something. Love cold dark winter nights, too.
Check FaceBook (under Donna Kyle) to see the Toyota Home At Last is hoping to win.
Last night every critter who is in the backyard-Jenny, Jessie, Jonathan, Dobbin, Callie, Juan, Quest, Maggie B, Sugar, Posey, Bucky, Gracie, Babe and Lacey- were standing around the bales of hay eating. I told Jim it looked like the Last Supper, so now we are calling that group The Disciples.
Thank you Eileen G for your continued and valued support.
I hope all of you have a Tuesday that is as wonderful as my Monday was.

No comments:

Post a Comment