Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Party's Over

Yes, it's true. Teddy's barn party is over. He moved all the way to the back fence today and stayed there through dinner. Oh, everyone who is anyone was in the barn this morning, but after breakfast, the party animals migrated uphill.
Fly masks were put on to see if they could recognize each other. They did. Even old Jonathan pattered along behind.
The 4 Bantie hens who were watching over the one lonely chick abandoned it today, so we brought it in the house. It is in a box with a heated rice bag, a nice towel,and a warmed washcloth in Jim's bathroom. I smooshed some chicken food with Jim's flash light-don't tell him, then pretended to peck the food with my fingernail (the only one I have) and the little thing ate some. I eye droppered it with some water and tucked it in for the night.
Frankie was really funny this morning. While I was filling the 5 tubs outside of Quest's pen, he came over to help. He drank out of each tub as I filled it. He'd wait patiently until I moved the hose, then he'd drink out of the tub with the running water. He tolerates being squirted and has kept his fly mask on all day. Usually, he has it off in 10 minutes.
I love spell check. It always highlights my favorite words. This time they were smooshed and droppered. There! It did it again.
Summertime chores seem to take so long. Is it because there are more chores or because the days are hot and lazy and nobody moves very fast? I think more chores. More watering- animals and garden. More manure removal. More fly swatting. More mosquito larvae scooping. More horse hosing.
Thank you Naomi J for your donation.
Tomorrow the new horse comes. Wonder what he'll be like? Hope he fits in with the upper herd. Will try him there first.
August 3-7 is Pet Appreciation Week at all Tractor Supply Companies. We will be taking Teddy to the Oroville Store on Sat. Aug 6 from 10-2. Stop by and see us. We love our local store. They are so supportive of Home at Last.
Now spell check won't work. I think double smooshing did it in.
http://homeatlastsanctuary.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment