Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday

Took granddaughter Beth to the airport so she can return home in Denver.
This afternoon we moved several horses back to the upper turnout. They are not happy about it, but there were just too many in the back yard. It was not safe. Stuart, Skittles, Frankie, Moon Dancer and AnnaBelle joined Rosie, Pedro, Rico, Tawny, Tango and Toby.
Tomorrow we will be up early. Jim will load the hay for me, then he'll start the never ending job of fence fixing. I'll feed, water and do the outside chores. Always try to find outside things to do, but the inside does need some attention.
Be sure to get ready to vote for us for the Toyota. Voting will be in early August. Watch Home At Last Thrift and Gift's webpage and FaceBook page. Also, be sure to send items for the Thrift Store and plan to do your school shopping there.
They have a darling buggy someone donated. Check it out.
Love hearing from folks who have shared their beloved pets with us. Thank you Christine, Ursula, Walt, Jean and Ruth for your support. It means so very much to us and to the horses.
Do you know Thumper's rule? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I really try to follow that. I do. But sometimes I find that around some people I am very quiet.
I am 67 years old. Sometimes when folks ask, it seems I am old, but other times not so very old. When asked if Jim and I do all the daily chores by ourselves and we say "yes" people seem to think we may be too old to do that. I guess since we are still doing it, we are not too old. Some of my good friends are in their 80's and they still do amazing things. I hope in my mid 80's folks are still asking if we are caring for the critters by ourselves.
The days have been wonderful-warm but not too hot. Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment