Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Peaceful Tuesday

This is the garden's harvest from this morning.
Today was a peaceful, quiet day with a visit from our good friends from HorsePlus. Thank you, Tawnee, for helping fold clothes. Isn't it great to have a friend who just fits your life?
HorsePlus is raising money to buy our tractor so we can use the money for special horse needs. Check their blog and FaceBook to read all about it.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Thrift Store to drop off items. Stop by and say Hi. There are lots of good school items there.

I was way off last night when I said AnnaBelle's surgery was $1000.00 It will be more than $3000.00 . Isn't she a cutie? Won't you help her, please? Dunny, Dancing Drum and Star are always ready to say Hi and to eat. These are three happy faces that greet us each morning and evening. Star is a Tennessee Walking Horse with equine MS. He wasn't supposed to live more than a couple of months, but he's been with us for two years.

Dancing Drum is a Thoroughbred mare who was raced, used as a broodmare, then thrown away. She takes care of her boys.

Dunny is a wonderful young Quarter Horse who has juvenile cataracts. His mother foundered when she was carrying him. He has the cutest, most friendly attitude. Everyone is his friend. Sugar, Maggie, Gracie and Jonathan like to eat all day. Though Maggie and Jonathan are thin they are still enjoying life. Sugar is not thin and really enjoys life. Little Gracie is getting very old. Her back legs are getting wobbly, but she's still a happy girl. After cleaning the garage yesterday so Jim could get to his saws (though I put everything on the wrong side and he still couldn't get to his tools) I realized I am a hoarder.

A hoarder is someone who cannot say no to an item and keeps unneeded items. I hoard fly masks. I have old, holey, torn masks that just might come in handy sometime. Maybe I could use the velcro from one. Maybe I could use the soft fluff from another. Maybe I could sew the torn eye parts. Or maybe, just maybe I can throw them away. Thanks to all who sent lovely new masks. I'll do it!!!!! Tomorrow the multitude of useless masks will go in the trash. I'll even take a picture of my cure.

Next I'll work on my obessions with torn, ragged and unusable horse blankets.







No comments:

Post a Comment