Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekend Stuff...



From Jim: With Donna gone for a few days, planning the chores and errands gets to be important. The priorities are always making sure the critters are cared for. That means feed and water. Hauling in a load of hay is not optional and trying to fit it in around the other "must do" stuff is tricky. Aaron will be here today and we have a bunch of horses that need trimmed. Thank goodness most of our animals are able to be barefooted. Shoeing is a time intensive activity when you really get it right. Aaron is a perfectionist. Wouldn't have it any other way. The cost of fuel makes taking small loads of hay a bad choice. It's around 80 miles round trip and fuel costs really add up. That means taking the time to get the trailer set up and the added loading time at Lyle's. I think today will be a challenge. I have to get back in time for evening chores and my popularity with the herd won't take much lateness or I won't have any at all. They're good critters, but like most of their kind, they get impatient when meal time rolls around. The improvement in the weather means our solar panels are hard at it and that's good as I need to pump a lot of water to fill all the tanks. I'm thinking around 2000 gallons today. So, with all of that ahead of me today, I guess I'll put a bow on this and get on with it! Hope all you have a wonderful day and take to the time to love on your pets. It's always a good thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment