Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting Ready

On a warm day the pond looks so refreshing. As you can see Gracie left me a few plants. A huge toad hopped into the pond when I watered this morning. Teeny tiny froglets have emerged and are hopping all over. Do toads eat frogs? Zoe is watching the water critters, but never goes in. Keecha is in the pond all the time when it is hot.
The cats seem to be either going full speed over and under everything or they are sleeping. Fiesty is about to nod off.

Princess is ready to nap, too.

Patches is out.

Patches is a lucky kitten. The other cats love him. They wash him, roll and tumble with him, and even snuggle on the laundry with him.

Calli pruned the roses, but they made a good comeback. The roses were rescued, too. Someone threw them out and a friend picked them up and brought them to us. They love the horse manure.



When Jonathan can't find some one to scratch his bottom, he takes care of it himself. A trash can works as well as anything else. Look at how great his coat looks. And he has a belly now!!!!

On Sunday we are having a Bar B Q to thank our Board, Sponsors and Volunteers. We shopped today for it, then came home to get ready. I don't know about you, but for me I must clean the refrigerator if we are going to have company. I don't worry about the floors (we live on a ranch after all) and I don't worry about dishes. The fridge is something else. Out came everything. Things were scrubbed , dried and out away. When I finished I wiped off everything with a towel. Unfortunately the towel had little broccoli flowers in it and the whole fridge looked like a forest. More cleaning and wiping. Then I looked up on the top. Yuck!! Paper towels, birdhouses and grime. More cleaning. The bird houses went out and the chicken went on top. When I turned to admire the cleanness, I saw a cobweb. (Know why they're called cobwebs? A house spider is called a cob). When I climbed up to clean the web the shelf and pitchers were dirty. Probably no one in the world is going to look up and see the dirt, but once I started I couldn't stop. Down came the pitchers.

Of course, if you have pitchers, you have tea pots, right? Dirty teapots. Down they came. Everything began to look good. The floors are still in need as are the dishes, but there is always tomorrow. Even St. Francis and the cow cookie jar sparkled.
What about the bird houses that had been perched on the fridge? Well, two were hung before Jim's drill gave it up.

This was made by a friend. Still have a couple of more to hang. There's always tomorrow for that, too.

This is the plant Beth transplanted. It has flowers, but we still don't know what it is. Whatever it is, Gracie must not like it because she didn't eat it.
Every one is fine here. Rico has a little limp and Aaron will come out and put some pads and shoes on him. Next Friday Frankie will have his tumor removed . Charles, Tory, Bobbie, and Chance seem to be gaining weight. Lexi's abcess is healing. Calli and Grace would like to be free again, but they have to stay locked up until a garden fence is built. I realized I'd rather have my horses loose and my garden penned. It will be a bit yet, though, as there are other chores that need finishing first.
Thank you Lisa A and Carolene D for your donations.












No comments:

Post a Comment