Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Where Do I Live?

Spent more time in the garden than I planned since the driveway was blocked with macadam from the road paving on Hiway 70. The chickens and guineas enjoyed all the weeds. More seeds in the ground.
Wanted to get a real mailbox, but was told I had to prove to the post office that I really lived where I said I did. That got me thinking. Who else would live with 60 horses, donkeys and mules? If I show the post office bills sent to me they have the post office box number on the bills and I don't live in the post office box. We don't have neighbors who can swear I live here. Tax records have my address, but if I was dishonest enough to want an illegal mailbox I guess I could fake the tax records. Even my driver's license has the post office box number on it. I'm beginning to think I really don't live here.
Once when my granddaughter was little we went to a bank and they wanted me to verify who I was. I said to Beth, "Tell them who I am." She said, "That's my Grandma." They laughed and accepted that. Maybe I'll have to fly her in from Colorado and have her tell the post office where I live. Maybe I'll have them look at the blog and the webpage http://homeatlastsanctuary.webs.com.
All this is making me wonder if I'll have to prove I am dead when I die.
As Winnie the Pooh said, "All this thinking hurts my head."
Had a new key made for the truck-$112.00!!!! Will try VERY hard not to loose this one. Maybe I'll hook it to a horseshoe or an inner tube.
Oscar the Grouch was waiting in the trash can when I arrived at the Thrift Store and he really wanted the old bedraggled Christmas tree, so he got it. Merry Christmas, Oscar. The other very much appreciated items went into the store.
The Store needs volunteers, especially on the week-ends. Can anyone work on Sat or Sun.? My days are getting so filled that I can't always make it in.
It is supposed to rain on Sun. We'll still have a work day unless the thunderstorms make it too dangerous to be outside. Call first to make sure. 530-514-1439
We are more convinced than ever that having the animals in the yard with us makes them much more comfortable with people. Posey. Maggie B, and Bucky still do not let us walk up to them and catch them or pet them, but they do not run away if we walk past them. They nicker at mealtime and may even take a treat from our hands.
Going to Handi-Riders tomorrow to watch Laura and Roy. Handi-Riders offers riding therapy for children with physical difficulties. Roy is a pony who gives lessons to little ones. Laura is the friend and volunteer who helped Sparkle.
OK. Now I have the disc with my pictures, and I even put it in the slot. Can't find my other records and don't know what to do with the disc information. Oh, the indignities of not knowing what to do. Add that to not knowing if I really live here and I could get really befuddled.
We are so grateful to all our supporters. We still need lots of help paying our vet bill. It's way over $2000.00 since our vaccination day. Only 20 vaccines were donated this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment